top of page
  • Neil

A Padel Backet? you must be Joking!

This is less of a blog and more of a conversation starter.

What do you call your padel pal?

I am not talking about Richard here, although to be fair I have called him a few things over the years none of which are repeatable to his mother.

It seems the European name, apart from the generic racket (racquet! Yes I know, but Google is all powerful and American) was shovel which we assume comes from the Spanish Pala meaning both paddle and shovel.

In the UK we have heard them called bats because they have no strings and they are known as shovels also.

Hey, guys why not call it a backet, you know like bat and racket.

A customer of ours decided that they ought to be called Backets, which he thought rather amusing. We don’t know what we think about that.

What we do know is if we start using the term backet in our blogs the SEO guy is going to blow a gasket.

So we thought we would ask the Bobl community. What do you think about it?

Padel Backet, does it work? Could Backet be a term for people ``in the know”?

Comment below to tell us what you think.

32 views2 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page